Synopsis[edit | edit source]
It's the Season 5 Premiere — and we do literally nothing out of the ordinary. This week, Ryan and Brian discuss pedanticism and pedantacy, bask in the glory of original lyrics, and rely on the barnacle to teach all the lessons of life.
Agenda[edit | edit source]
- Viewer Mail
- The Barnacle
- Proper rhymes
- "Idioms are like barnacles on the ship of language"
- Changes in language
- "Hone in on" vs. "home in on"
- The Oracle
- Television - That's Incredible, Real People, Fran Tarkenton
- Contest of Now
- Then: Squeeze Play, winner: Rachel Fabi (sp?)
- Visit with Katja Brinck
- Now: Personal Banking from the NPL
- Thunder Round
Puzzles Reviewed[edit | edit source]
- NYT Mon 8/19/2019
- NYT Tue 8/20/2019
- NYT Wed 8/21/2019
- NYT Thu 8/22/2019
- NYT Fri 8/23/2019
- NYT Sat 8/24/2019
- NYT Sun 8/25/2019
People Mentioned[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.